Reception Manager at The Bird, Bath
Our Luxury Boutique Hotel
We are delighted to share a unique opportunity to join our growing team of people at the Bird in Bath, the city's newest boutique hotel where visitors to Bath migrate. The Bird, part of the independently-owned Kaleidoscope Collection, is renowned for its vibrant rooms where locals alike flock for event spaces full of unique personality. The Bird is now going through an exciting period of change, offering the right person a chance to play an important part in the future of this beautiful town property.
The Reception Manager will work closely with our General Manager to oversee the smooth running of our Guest Reception. It’s the perfect progression for anyone who has strong reception experience within a luxury boutique hotel setting.
No two days are the same at The Bird and as our Reception Manager you will oversee our hosting team, encouraging, supporting and coaching them. We are looking for a confident and capable team player who has expert knowledge of hotel booking systems and has the passion and ability to train others; establishing procedures that are simple, effective and user-friendly. You’ll be confident in overseeing the management of rooms, events, parties & bar as well as the day to day running of our hotel; taking responsibility for Duty Management as and when required.
Calm proactivity, strong administration skills and a caring attention to detail will be vital attributes for this role as will the ability to create happy and long-lasting memories for all who flock to our hotel. If you’ve already been part of a team who understands how to create a charming guest welcome with effortless style and can envisage yourself being part of the next chapter of the Bird's story – we’d love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and cover letter to us explaining why your skills and attributes are suitable for the role.
Character, style and aptitude
- Warm guest hosting, comfortable style
- Guest management/ Reception experience
- Ability to learn and grow, taking on duty management responsibility
- Passion for guest welcome
- Advanced knowledge and skill for using hotel booking systems (opera knowledge desirable)
- Food, Beverage and Rooms generalist knowledge
- Passion for all aspects of hospitality management and a desire to learn
- Aptitude for people management and supervision of responsibilities
- Love, knowledge and respect for art, architecture, interior design
- Ability to manage rotas and cost within a department – ensuring guest service is not impaired by our commitment to commerciality
- Passion for sustainability – respecting people, nature, food, energy
- Ability to set an example in guest hosting and personal ownership
- Ability to pay attention to the finest details for guests and our people
- Ability to coach, train, teach and learn
- Confidence to rise to a challenge and grow through change
- Ability to find a solution – practical or otherwise, recognising that not everything is perfect all the time, but we can always make things work
- Ability to manage information and data / knowledge of GDPR and data compliance (desirable)
- Strong IT skills (required)
- Ability to manage financial data (cash up etc)
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus scheme - based on budgetary targets for the property
- Group benefits for our team
- Company pension