As we re-open our doors on 4th July, we’ve prepared a balance of the “new normal” to ensure the well-being of our guests & staff alike.
We’re excited to welcome you to The Bird, please take a moment to review some of our changes you’ll experience during your stay.
- Prior to your arrival we will contact you with all the necessary information about your stay, our latest Covid-19 management processes, and information about the local area.
- We politely request that if you are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 that you call us to postpone your stay. These include a high temperature and a new and persistent cough.
Arrival & Check-in
- We will ask you for an estimated time of arrival to allow for an individual check in process to take place and limit the flow of guests and staff at reception at any one time, to ensure social distancing is upheld.
- You’ll notice as you enter subtle touches have been added to guide you through the house to keep everyone safe, this will be explained to you upon check in.
- We have added Perspex screens to our reception desk as well as floor markings to ensure a safe distance at all times. If you have any questions or need assistance during your stay simply dial 0 from the phone in your room.
- Hand sanitising stations will be provided at all entrances and in reception areas for you to use. We politely ask you to use these before entering the hotel & regularly throughout your stay.
- Our check-in process has been streamlined to allow for a reduced-contact experience. Please note that we will only be accepting debit and credit cards to avoid the handling of cash. Our check-in time remains the same, from 3pm.
- With your safety at the forefront of everything we do, we will provide you with a welcome pack on arrival detailing the hotels amenities and specific information relating to your stay with us.
- Please note we have thermometers at reception should you feel concerned at any point during your stay. Any of our guests or visitors displaying Covid-19 symptoms may be asked to leave the premises.
Public guest areas
- Extensive cleaning of shared surfaces will be conducted throughout the day and checked by our appointed Covid-19 officers.
- We have equipped our restrooms with sanitising handwash at the basins & disposable hand towels. To avoid overcrowding in our restrooms, we ask that residents use the bathrooms in their bedrooms.
- Throughout your stay we ask that you are mindful of social distancing ensuring to maintain a distance of 1 metre plus from other guests. We have put in place floor markings and additional signage to assist and operate a one-way system.
- We will provide disinfectant wipes in all our bedrooms for you to use, as well as an information guide on best practices for staying safe when on your break with us.
- Every bedroom will be fully sanitised before each stay and sealed to ensure no contamination occurs prior to your arrival.
- Fabric items such as mattresses, pillows, cushions, carpet, chairs, and other furniture is sprayed with an approved sanitising solution, which is effective in killing Covid-19 but otherwise harmless.
- Linens, towels and robes are professionally washed on a high heat, with added sanitisation. Slippers and all consumables are replaced before each stay.
- Any printed material has been removed from the room, single use menus and information are available upon request
- Our housekeeping team will wear the appropriate PPE during cleaning your room and will not enter when you are present
- Should you prefer, our team will not enter the room during your stay. Please advise the reception team at check-in if you wish this to be the case.
Food and Beverage
- When you stay with us you can dine in your room or in the designated dining areas and on our terrace.
- All our tables will be equipped with a QR code for mobile ordering & payment, guests will be required to use this format to limit touch points.
- We have extended our dining spaces to include our terrace to ensure all diners are a minimum of 1 metre plus apart.
- We can offer flexible table configurations dependent upon your household size.
- If you are not a resident, you are still very welcome to dine with us. All that we ask is that you book your table in advance.
- We recommend all diners download the track and tracing application to ensure we are all alerted to any guests who may pose a risk of spreading Covid-19.
- If you are displaying any of the symptoms of Covid-19 we ask that you call us to postpone your booking.
- We will be offering an à la carte breakfast and room service option for you to enjoy during your stay, which must be pre ordered the night prior. To manage social distancing, we will agree a breakfast time with you at check in.
- To maintain the social distancing guidelines, we will not be offering drinks at the bar, instead we will offer a full table service.
- We have created separate entry and exit points where possible.
- We ask that guests who are staying with us use the bathrooms in their bedrooms. If you are not staying with us, we request that you follow the social distancing measures we have displayed on our signage when using the public bathrooms.
- A copy of your final account will be emailed to you on the morning of your departure
- To check out, all you need to do is return your room key to reception. We will automatically take payment for your stay using the debit or credit card details we hold on file.
- We ask that you use the hand sanitisers before departing.